How to Resign from the Mormon Church
A frequently-searched term here on exmormonfoundation.org is "resign from church" or "resigning from the church". Here are some resources to help you in your quest to leave the Mormon church.
By linking to a site, we are not promoting or endorsing the content therein. Often, sites educating about Mormonism are also promoting a competing religious agenda. As a non-sectarian Foundation, we are not promoting any religion, philosophy, or political standpoint.
- Kathy Worthington's MormonNoMore.com. Kathy maintains an excellent page discussing instructions, a sample letter, legal precedent, and how best to avoid the run-around in resigning from the church.
- Richard Packham's instructions on how to leave. His page also deals with other alternatives, including lapsing into inactivity, and continuing to attend without actually believing.
- The Utah Lighthouse Ministry maintains a page on an effective exit letter.
- The New Covenant Ministries' sample exit letter.
- Timothy Oliver's exit letter and instructions, care of the Watchman Expositor.
- Temples & Family History Centers Discussion
- 3 Hour Tour of Mormonism
- How to Resign
- 12 Step Recovery from Mormonism
- The Big Lie
- Joseph Smith and Kabbalah: The Occult Connection by Lance C. Owens
- The Book of Mormon: A Voice from 19th Century Dust
An Overview of the Evidence for the Book’s Modern Origin
- Free Speech and Excommunication
Post-Mormons are members of a rapidly growing community of families and individuals who have voluntarily left Mormonism.Post-Mormon.Org